Membership of Hampshire Fare currently stands at over 180 food, drink and craft businesses. Member businesses range from pig farmers and wine makers to farm shops and four star hotels. Any business that produces, sells or serves local produce from Hampshire is entitled to join Hampshire Fare .
Chilbolton Stores is proud to be a member of Hampshire Fare, sharing the ideals for promoting great local food and products.
Hampshire Fare aims to:
- Connect consumers with farming through local food and help secure the future of farming in Hampshire
- Encourage the development of sustainable food, drink and craft businesses that contribute to the rural economy in Hampshire
- Raise awareness among the public and trade of the wide range of Hampshire food, drink and craft
- Foster good business practice and assist producers to compete as viable enterprises
- Champion optimum quality production methods and high standards of presentation
- Organise marketing activities – festivals, exhibitions and promotions – to promote Hampshire produce
- Promote the use of local food and drink by Hampshire public sector organisations
Hampshire Fare is based within the Economic Development Office of Hampshire County Council:
“Hampshire County Council has backed Hampshire Fare since its inception in 1991. Hampshire is over 85% rural, and so the county council has a strong focus on helping rural businesses. As the county food group, Hampshire Fare plays a key role in fulfilling this and enabling the rural economy to prosper, via its range of services that include trade development, PR and marketing.
Hampshire Fare also represents the ‘voice’ of local producers to policy and decision makers at local and regional level. With the combination of public and private sector backing, Hampshire Fare can continue to flourish as one of the country’s leading and most proactive food groups”.
Cllr Ray Ellis, Hampshire County Council’s Executive Member for Economic Development and Rural Affairs